But a christmas turkey is a serious business, so let's get back to the preparation. I found this tempting recipe which we will try out.
6 cloves garlic
100g smoked beacon
100g pork belly
400g pork neck
150g boiled chestnuts
100ml white port wine
salt & pepper
1. Cut onions and garlic into small pieces and fry them slightly in olive oil.
2. Cut all the meat except for the turkey into small pieces. You can also use a kitchen machine.
3. Mash the chestnuts together with the cream, pistachios, Armagnac and port wine. Add the garlic and onions.
4. Mix it together with the meat and season with salt and pepper.
5. Stuff the turkey with the farce. Keep it closed with a kitchen thread.
6. Rub the turkey from the outside with oil, salt and pepper.
7. Let it roast for approximately 3 hours in the oven at 120°C. Keep it humid by basting the turkey with its own liquid from time to time.
Enjoy & a merry christmas!